Department of Infrastructure, transport, Regional Development and communications jobs. The Career outlook is very good due to high pay packages, protocol and facilities. The industry provides a stress-free and pleasant environment to its employees from the day of hiring. The industry is looking for dynamic, qualified and hardworking candidates for the following post.
- Director (data, analytics and policy division)
- Assistant director (news and media)
- Senior policy officer
- Candidate must be graduate degree holder from recognize institution with relevant experiences.
- Applicant must be 25 years old or above.
Salary is from $73,285 to $140200.
Last date to apply is 04-10-2020.
Department of Infrastructure, transport, Regional Development and communications is state owned department of Australia. It is also known as Department of Infrastructure, transport, cities and regional development. Currently it is hiring for various positions. Both male and females are encouraged to apply for this job.
Duties are different according to jobs. For example assistant director media is responsible for broadcasting and production of news and content. Similarly director is responsible for policy designing and budget management etc.
- Previous experience in handling and coordination of development projects
- Basic knowledge of departmental rules and laws.
- Previous experiences of management handling
- Good communications and analytical skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work under-pressure.
The industry was established in 2017 and headquarters is situated in Canberra. DIRD works under the ministry of Infrastructure, Cities and Regional Development. It is accountable to the parliament through minister.
The department is responsible for various tasks such as infrastructure of major projects, local government working, transportation and development of regions and rural. In 2020 to form a super department, it was combined with the department of communications and art, infrastructure, regional development and communications.
When the agency was designed in 2017, its operational working was also classified into the following areas:
- Civil aviation and airports
- Shipping, Maritime and land transport
- Transport safety
- Regional developments
- National policies on cities
- Infrastructure of projects and financing
- Local government matters
A secretary level officer control the agency with the help and support of deputy secretaries. Currently near about 1000 people are working without the difference of gender. The department work closely with the following governmental departments
- Australian rail track corporation
- Air services
- Civil aviation safety authority
- National transport commission
Basically the agency provides the economic analysis and research on policies issues for the governance of merged agencies. The MAPS section supervise the parliamentary activities and documents for minister office.
Selection procedure consists of Application process (complete application form), Test and Interview. Selected candidates will may go through training.
Note * It is a governmental department so they get all benefits like pension, medical allowance etc.
Apply online here: