Bureau of Indian affairs jobs. The career outlook for Bureau of Indian affairs(BIA) employees are good due to high pay packages and facilities. The agency provide safe, secure and pleasant environment to its employees. Here we will let you know about the latest job vacancies available in BIA for following locations of White swan and Washington.
Salary is$35,265 to $69,462 per year.
Last date to apply is 04/05/2021.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply online at following
- Bachelor in Forest Biology
- Forest Resource Measurements and Inventory
- Combination of education and experience
- Degree in biological, physical, or mathematical sciences or engineering
- US. Citizenship
- If you want to assert Indian Preference, you must submit Form BIA-4432 with your application
- completion of a background security investigation
- If a confirmed positive drug test is reported, the applicant will not be assigned to the position.
- Suppose if you are receiving education from foreign colleges or universities to fulfill qualification requirements, you must submit a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript to receive that education credit.
- Graduate-level education or academic achievement.
- On-line Assessment Questionnaire
- Veteran’s documentation
- special Appointing Authority documentation
- Performance Appraisal
- Most recent SF-50
Responsibilities of Foresters:
- Execution, scheduling, supervising of forest fieldwork and collection of data from forest inventory.
- Assisting and managing the training programs
- The compilation, summarization and analysis of data
- Needs to prepare the Forest Officer’s Report, which provides all necessary details regarding the proposed sale.
- Find the theoretical amount of timber extracted annually, establish silvicultural protocols and plan the schedules based on current forest conditions and desired future conditions.
Who can apply:
- Native Americans
- Military spouses
- Land and base management
- Federal employees- expected service
- Federal employees- competitive service
- Individual with disabilities
On the deadline of this announcement, all documentation must be received by 11:59 PM eastern time. You will not be eligible for this role if your application package is unfinished in any way, and requests for amendments will not be accepted.
What is bureau if Indian affairs?
Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) is a Unit of the Interior department, federal agency in the United States. It is in charge of enforcing federal laws and regulations concerning American Indians. BIA is one of the oldest federal agencies of united states, founded by Congress in 1775.
Bureau of Indian Affairs aims to raise the standard of living for American Indians, Tribal members, and Alaska Natives by promoting employment opportunities and protecting and improving their trust properties.
The department is serving and managing over 225,000 km square of land and 2 millions of people. it is working to manage natural resources and enhance tribal governance.
The Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) is supervised by director and assistant secretary, who directly answers to the secretary of interior. The department work closely with tribal government to promote development in infrastructure, economy and agriculture.
Selection procedure consists of Application process (complete online application form), Test and Interview. Selected candidates will go through training.
Note * It is a governmental department so they get all benefits like pension, medical allowance etc.