Career at statistics Canada. The statistics Canada provides a stress-free environment to its employees. SC is among the top employers for new graduates. The employees of Statistics Canada feel pride in owning a safe, secure, respected, and reputable agency. It is looking for motivated candidates for the following post:
- Chief Technology Officer
- Director of Enterprise Architecture
- The candidate must hold graduation degree in relevant subjects from a recognized institute with relevant experiences.
- Applicant must be 25 years old or above.
Salary is from $125,900 to $148,100/year.
The last date to apply is 31-May-2021.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply online here:
Statistics Canada ensures benefit plans to its employees, including pension, health plans, and disabilities welfare. It provides a stress-free environment to improve the quality of work and emphasizes that continuous learning is necessary for success. Due to these reasons, educated Young’s want to join this department. It promotes employment equity and encourages candidates.
Duties of Chief technology officer:
The incumbent is responsible for the following.
- Driving command, choices, and suggestions connected to the Agency’s procedure and monetary objectives:
- Identifying chances for regular base improvement and exploring innovative strategies:
- Influencing vital plans by imparting thoughts that gain trust and back support;
- Generating plans while applying internal and external factors to procedure improvement;
- Rebuilding the Enterprise program at Statistics Canada;
- Building connections and relationships with stakeholders and partners;
- Understanding latest innovations and recognizing chances for use in Statistics Canada;
- Supporting the newest advancement, and Participating in essential organization modernization procedures;
- Experiences as a technology officer in enterprises at small and large scale industry.
- Experiences in research and design.
- Knowledge of management and administration handling.
- Basic skills in IT development.
- Ability to handle IT projects.
What is statistics Canada?
Statistics Canada is a governmental agency and launched in 1971. Its headquarter is situated in Ottawa and works under the innovation, science, and economic development ministry.
It helps the government better acknowledge of country’s resources, its population, culture, and communities. It is also abbreviated as Stat-Can. It provides statics to the federal government as well as provinces. Furthermore, it has to conduct a census of the general population.
SC publishes statistical reports of different departments, including health, economic, immigration, social, and justice. It has designed an online web portal to publish its reports for public access. It ensures that every Canadian has access to the economy and environment that can affect them as citizens.
The selection procedure consists of the Application process (complete application form), Test, and Interview. Selected candidates will go through training.
Note * It is a governmental department, so they get all benefits like pension, medical allowance, etc.