Career Opportunities at Canadian energy regulator. The career outlook for Canadian Energy Regulator employees is good due to salary. CER is among the top 100 employees in Canada. Now it is looking for following positions:
- Regulatory Compliance Officer
- The candidate should have a certificate/degree in cyber security or a related field, with relevant experience.
- Applicant must be 25 years old or above.
Salary is from $98,696 to $120,082 per year.
The last date to apply is 13-September-2021.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply online here:
The energy regulator sector (industrial control system security) works for the efficient and safe use of the energy sector. Now it is hiring as a Regulatory Compliance officer.
Duties of Compliance Officer:
The Compliance Officer is responsible for working from the Calgary office. The incumbent is answerable to the Director of Emergency Management and Security in Field Operations.
As an expert Compliance Officer, the responsibilities will include:
- Implementing professional and operational expertise in the area of cyber security with Industrial Control Systems.
- Evaluating and developing regulatory compliance with security program provisions.
- Conducting compliance verification exercises, including information transfer meetings, agreement screenings, inspections, and audits.
- Assessing security programs, rules, and plans by reviewing company documents and compliance history;
- Preparing and publishing reports, including research requirements.
- Supporting the evaluation of applications, including plans and manuals submitted as part of an application.
- Providing training and evaluation of inspection staff.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Giving leadership and excellent advice to CER staff for technical security-related matters.
- Promoting the CER response to conflicts on CER-regulated facilities.
- Experience implementing technical and operational assistance in the area of cyber security with Industrial Control Systems
- Experience in cyber security practices and their application.
- Experience in analysis and recommendations about cyber security.
- Experience in coordinating with various stakeholders about cyber security
The selection procedure consists of the Application process (complete application form), Test, and Interview. Selected candidates will go through training.
It is a governmental department, so they get all benefits like pension, Paid leaves, medical allowance, etc.