Careers at agriculture and agri-food Canada. AAFC is committed and proud to be known as the top of Canada’s biggest diversity employers. The Career Outlook for agriculture and agri-food department finance officer is good. AAFC is looking for highly qualified, and hardworking applicants for the following post.
- Intermediate Finance Officer
- The candidate should have a post-secondary degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field, with relevant experience in financial management group.
- Applicant must be 26 years old or above.
Salary is from $71,009 to $96,329 per year.
The last date to apply is 21-September-2021.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply online here:
We are devoted to giving you a comprehensive and barrier-free work setting, starting with the hiring process. We welcome all aspirants and help candidates for self-declare if they relate to an Employment Equity designated group ( Disabled Persons, Minorities, or Women).
As a finance officer, you may report to a senior manager office in the areas of Risk Management, Program and Administrative Funding, Agri-Insurance Finance, Corporate Finance, and Inspection Coordination.
The duties of this post may include
- undertaking projects personally or as a team member;
- studying and examining financial and operational data to create short-term financial reports or provide to the development of multi-year financial planning and liability reports;
- giving ideas and guidance to clients on business policies, guidelines, and training;
- liaising with internal or external stakeholders to switch information and explain options on service delivery;
- preparing plans and presenting to executives;
- managing various roles of the management and control framework, including providing help and guidance to managers;
- leading inspections of internal policies, systems, and rules to ensure compliance.
- Experience in financial management
- Knowledge of financial software’s
- Experience of auditing and accounting operations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communications and analytical skills
The selection procedure consists of the Application process (complete application form), Test, and Interview. Selected candidates will go through training.
Note * it is a federal government job, so employees will get all employee benefits, including health insurance, life insurance, pension, and old age security funds, etc.