Careers at Bureau of labor statistics USA. The career outlook for BLS is good due to salary packages. The agency provides pleasant working environment to its workers. Now it is looking for Supervisory Economist or Supervisory Statistician (Economics)
- Supervisory economist
- Supervisory statistician
- The candidate must hold college/university level degree in economics/mathematics/statistics or relevant combination of courses from a recognized institute.
- Applicant must be 25 years old or above.
Salary is from $117,365 to $152,572 per year.
The last date to apply is 24-Sep-2021.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply online here: https://www.usajobs.gov/
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) surveys labor business activity, working positions, value changes, and potency in the U.S economy to help state and secret decision-making.
This post is for Assistant Regional Commissioner of Labor Statistics, Dallas Region. It is a vacant position and possibly hired as a Supervisory Economist or Supervisory Statistician (Economics).
- Oversees the Federal Program for the region. Designs, monitors, evaluates and sets program actions timely with the provision of expert technical assistance. Develops business plans in meeting with the Regional Commissioner and the broad members.
- Manages business features of state collective contracts evaluating state funding needs about Bureau funding. Oversees financial agreements by rule, regulation, standards, and fit business practice.
- Leads the progress of work maps to ensure requirements meet deliverables. Improves local work maps to ensure the area meets its deliverables, including findings, class reports, and validations.
- Leads training schedule and professional help and conference to ensure State workers are technical experts in Bureau plans. Classifies training and growth needs of staff and fulfills that requirements.
- Manages staff through junior supervisors in creating such rulings as allowing initial approval to extend or reduce the unit size or redirect motions and record funds for best productivity.
- Take part in the formulation and supervision of overall local and long-range plans for State Programs.
- Maintain professional touch with firms, local unions, labor parties, and local governments.
- Guides and controls work by two or more junior supervisors. Orders work to be achieved by juniors based on ability and expertise. Evaluates and acts as a reviewing expert on performance evaluations of workers ranked by junior supervisors.
Conditions of Employment
- Need be a United States Citizen.
- Must be fit for Federal Employment.
- Must be enrolled for Selective Service, if suitable
Note * it is a federal government job, so employees will get all employee benefits, including health insurance, life insurance, pension, and old age security funds, etc.