Careers at Public Prosecution Service of Canada. The Prosecution Agency(PPSC) ensures a friendly environment for its employees from the day of joining. Now the agency(PPSC) is looking for the following positions:
- The candidate must have a graduation/master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized institute with experience.
- Applicant must be 25 years old or above.
Salary is from $114,884 to $158,449 per year.
The last date to apply is 27-August-2021.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply online here:
PPSC is a public prosecution services agency of Canada. It is accountable to the parliament, and headquarter is in Ontario. The ideal candidate needs to fulfill the following duties, and the required experience/skills are listed below.
- Experience in the conduct of criminal litigation
- Experience in criminal case proceedings of at least eight years
- Strong knowledge of criminal litigation at crown counsel
- Strong awareness of Canadian criminal laws
- willing to travel on short notice
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and deal with criminal law
- Previous work experience as a prosecutor
- Good analytical and communication skills
A prosecutor plays a vital role in the judicial process of the country. A PPSC officer analyzes all the cases that deserve prosecution without any pressure.
PPSC’s vision is to take legal action against federal-level crimes and provides legal assistance. It handles cases related to fisheries, income tax, excise, environmental protection, and drugs.
PPSC also prosecutes criminal cases, including money laundering, terrorism, tax evasion, etc. Its role is to provide legal assistant, not to investigate crimes. It works closely with law enforcement agencies.
The selection procedure consists of the Application process (complete application form), Test, and Interview. Selected candidates will go through training.
It is a governmental department, so they get all benefits like Pension, Life insurance, Medical and dental plan, Premium Payment Plan, Healthcare Reimbursement allowances, etc.