Jobs at Natural Resources Canada. It is a state-owned department for the development and research of country’s natural resources. Due to large departments, it consistently offers jobs in different sectors. Now, offering the following positions in the Lands & Minerals Sector – Policy & Economics Branch.
- Economist/Senior Economist
- The candidate must hold graduation degree in relevant field from a recognized institute with relevant experiences.
- Applicant must be 25 years old or above.
Salary is from $100,121-$116,116/year.
The last date to apply is 31-May-2021.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply online here:
The Lands & Minerals Sector is a working part of NRC. It was established in 1970. The NRC agency works closely with non-governmental organizations for the development of energy resources.
The Lands & Minerals Sector (Policy & Economics Branch) sector works for the safe, efficient use of minerals which includes the study of different subjects such as engineering, physics, etc. Now it is hiring as an economist/senior economist. The duties and skills of selected candidates are following:
Duties of Economist/Senior Economist
These vacancies are in the group leading in financial analysis for a portion of the Government’s key needs identifying with the minerals and metals area.
- Applicants will contribute to giving financial analysis to supporting Canada’s progress to a net-zero economy and the shift towards greening the economy;
- Adjusting resources and nature in planning new conservation zones;
- Giving skill into Impact Assessments under the Act;
- Developing innovative ways to deal with economic and financial analysis;
- Publish and release documents on significant areas and much more.
- Previous experiences as economist of at least 10 years.
- Experience in economics or statistical research
- Ability to conduct data analysis using economics techniques.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Leadership and judgement.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to solve problems quickly.
What is natural resources Canada (NRC)?
Natural resources Canada is a federal agency. It works under the Ministry of Natural Resources Canada and accountable to the parliament. The NRC is responsible for earth sciences, earth mapping, forests, and natural resources including energy, mines, and minerals.
It was established with the merge of forests, earth science, mapping, and remote sensing departments. It is responsible for the development and progress of natural assets within the country. It uses the latest technology and experts to maintain up-to-date knowledge of reserves.
Natural resources Canada (NRC) also works with Mexican and American for the production of North American environmental atlas to predict and track issues.
Currently, the NRC department consists of several sectors including Earth science, Space weather, Energy sector, Minerals, and metals. It works with the following sub-agencies:
- Northern pipeline agency Canada
- Canadian forest services
- Canadian energy regulator
- Nuclear safety commission
- Atomic energy of Canada limited
- Energy Technology sector (ETS)
The main natural resources of the country are energy and minerals resources. These include gas, crude oil, gold, silver, copper, lead, iron, and diamond assets. Due to these resources, Canada is among the top richest countries in the world. Petroleum and iron are the most abundant natural assets in Canada.
The selection procedure consists of the Application process (complete application form), Test, and Interview. Selected candidates will go through training.
It is a governmental department so they get all benefits like pension, Paid leaves, medical allowance, etc.