Jobs in Parks Canada for students. The Career outlook for parks Canada department is very good not only in Canada but for international students as well. The parks Canada department is looking for dynamic, qualified and hardworking candidates for the following post.
- Coastal steward
- Candidate must be enrolled in college or university for full time studies.
- Applicant must be 18 years old or above.
Salary is from $15.40 – $24.77 per hour.
Last date to apply is 29-April-2021.
Interested candidates can apply online here:
Parks Canada is state owned federal department. It works under the ministry of the environment and climate change. It is looking for the temporary based candidates for coastal steward jobs.
Duties of students:
National park is looking for highly motivated students to work in the visitor department. These coastal stewards will cooperate with resource conservation and visitor safety team, as per work requirement.
The basic tasks are to patrol in coastal areas to provide safety education to the visitors. An other mission is to reduce coastal risks through public awareness education. This would also protect parks and its resources. The students will educate the tourist or visitors safe outdoor practice activities.
As a part of team, candidate must patrol in the waterfront or dangerous areas and provide emergency services. Selected candidates will work in shifts according to the departmental laws. This is very tough and challenging work. It is interesting job for those who enjoy outdoor working conditions.
- To work within a team environment
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to follow law and protocols
- Ability to recognize the unsafe conditions
- Skills to work under pressure
- Enrollment proof at the time of hiring.
- Ready to work in bad weather conditions
- Willingness to wear all safety equipment and uniform
- Must hold a valid driving license
House accommodation facility are not available. All the travel expenses must be covered by the candidate. Selection procedure consists of online Application process (complete application form), Test and Interview.
Jobs in Parks Canada for students