Jobs opportunities at Natural Resources Canada. It is a state-owned department of Canada for the research and development of the country’s natural resources. Due to large departments, it consistently offers jobs in different sectors. Now, offering the following positions in the Lands & Minerals Sector – Geological Survey of Canada Branch.
- Geo-science Database Specialist
- The candidate must hold graduation degree in relevant field from a recognized institute with relevant experiences.
- Applicant must be 25 years old or above.
Salary is from $88,533 to $105,353/year.
The last date to apply is 23-August-2021.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply online here:
The Lands & Minerals Sector (Geological Survey of Canada) works for the safe, secure, and efficient use of minerals. Now it is hiring as Geo science Database Specialist. The duties and skills of selected candidates are following:
Duties of Geo science Database Specialist:
The database specialist designs, develop and maintain approved computer software to support projects. The GDS supports the seamless flow of data that users can access from both the back-end and front-end, while user performance is the main focus.
The incumbent is responsible for providing technical expertise for database design, development, and maintenance. These databases are needed to follow government directives. The Geo scientist database specialist develops these databases according to end-user requirements and follows management principles.
The specialist is responsible for providing efficient responses while ensuring data security and integrity. The DB specialist is required to update their knowledge to meet current advancements in computer languages.
- Experience of SQL and SQL procedural languages.
- Previous experiences of database(minimum of three years).
- Ability to conduct data analysis using the latest techniques.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Leadership and judgment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to solve problems quickly.
Natural resources Canada is a federal agency. It works under the Ministry of Natural Resources and is accountable to the parliament. The NRC is responsible for earth sciences, earth mapping, forests, and natural resources including, energy, mines, and minerals.
Natural Resources Canada(NRC) department consists of several sectors, likewise Earth science, Space weather, Energy sector, Minerals, and metals. It works with the following sub-agencies:
- Northern pipeline agency Canada
- Canadian forest services
- Canadian energy regulator
- Nuclear safety commission
- Atomic energy of Canada limited
- Energy Technology sector (ETS)
The selection procedure consists of the Application process (complete application form), Test, and Interview. Selected candidates will go through training.
It is a governmental department, so they get all benefits like pension, Paid leaves, medical allowance, etc.