latest jobs in ministry of defence. Career outlook for ministry of defence jobs are good due to protocol, facilities and high pay packages. Eligible both males and female who fulfill the required criteria are welcome to apply. Now offering the following jobs:
- Deputy director (town planning)
- Staff officer (STATS)
- Deputy armament supply officer
- Veterinary officer
- Candidate must be Ph. D / Master / graduate in relevant subjects from recognize institute with relevant experiences.
- Applicant must be 25 years old or above.
Salary is from 49,158 – 156,220 pkr/month.
Last date to apply is 19-April-2021.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply online here:
See complete advertisement here:
The ministry of defence is important ministry of government of Pakistan that ensures the defence of national interests nationally and internationally. It plays a key role in handling the armed forces and government. It ensures the coordination at domestic and foreign governmental bodies.
Ministry of defence is considered as huge ministry in term of budget and employees. It is cabinet level ministry that controls the armed forces of Pakistan. Pervez Khan Khattak is currently serving as a minister of defence.
Deputy Director, Assistant Director, staff officer and veterinary are required in Ministry of Defence with minimum qualification of Ph.D / MA/ M.Sc./ MCS/ BCS/ BA with 1st division from a HEC recognized university.
The ministry of defence is headed by minister as a political head while one, one assistant secretary from Pak army, air force, Navy and inter-services represent their departments. In recent decades, the Secretary of Defence, who has traditionally been a retired three-star Pakistani army general, is the ministry’s highest-ranking administrative figure. Under his supervision, assistant secretaries serve flag officers from the various services.
The Ministry of Defence Production, Joint Staff Headquarters, and Army General Headquarters are among the other top-level head offices located in Rawalpindi. Islamabad is the destination to the Air Headquarters and the navy Headquarters.
Functions of MOD
- To establish, coordinate, and organize Pakistan’s Defence Policy and other defence-related policies to pursue its core mission.
- To implement the policies made by the Armed Forces of Pakistan.
- To providing and maintain the national defence needs by Defence Budgeting.
- If/when requested, accompany the Civil Administration in maintaining Public Order, countering internal threats, and dealing with national disasters and emergencies.
- Contribute to global peace and development by peace building and other campaigns around the planet
Previously it also deals with the procurement, production and distribution of equipment as well. Later on these responsibilities were shifted to the ministry of defence production. In 2004, the Ministry of Defence Production took over responsibility for equipment acquisition, manufacturing, and processing.
The following department or agencies are working under the ministry of defence (Mod).
- Pakistan Air Force
- Pakistan Navy
- National defence university (NDU)
- Military lands and cantonments department
- Pakistan Marines
- Military Engineering services
- Inter services public relations (ISPR)
- Inter services selection board (ISSB)
Some of Pakistan paramilitary agencies like rangers are a part of Pakistan military but supervised by ministry of interior.
In the past Airports Security Force (ASF) , Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) worked under the ministry of defence. Now a separate division is formed namely Aviation division headed by Cabinet Secretary to deal the issues of ASF, CAA and PIA.
Selection procedure consists of Application process (complete online application form), Test and Interview. Selected candidates will go through training.
Note * It is a governmental department so they get all benefits like pension, medical allowance etc.