Ministry of Food security jobs 2021. Ministry of food security and research is federal level department, working under the ministry of national food security & research and accountable to the parliament through minister. It is responsible for the development and execution of polices on live stock, fishing, rice, farming and agriculture. Now it is looking for following jobs:
- Deputy director
- Assistant director (IT)
- Assistant director (protocol)
- Assistant director (Librarian)
- Research assistant
- Assistant animal husbandry
- Research officer
- Candidate must be MA / MCS / Engineering/ graduation degree holder from recognize institute with past experiences.
- Applicant must be 25 years old or above.
Salary is from 74,285 to 145,200 pkr.
Last date to apply is 19-April-2021.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply online here:
See complete advertisement here:
Ministry of food security and research vision is to develop a well-established food production and distribution system that can best contribute to food and nutritional security in supply, access, use, and stability.
In terms of food production and agriculture, the Ministry of National Food Security and Research is primarily responsible for policy formation, economic coordination, and organizing. Procurement of food grains, fertilizer, and import price stability of agricultural produce, foreign liaison, and economic studies for agricultural policy formulation are all included.
According to the 2016 Food Security Assessment Survey (FSA), 18% of Pakistan’s population is malnourished and 30 percent of population is underweight According to the National Institute of Population Studies (NIPS). According to the Pakistan Economic Survey 2016-17, it accounts for 65 percent of export earnings and provides livelihoods to 62 percent of the country’s population.
Other major contributing factors to this poor performance include
- A gradual decrease of technological innovation;
- Issues with the quality, quantity, and timeliness of input supply; insufficient extension services and technology transfer
- Limited investment in construction, road construction, and capital market; marketing and economic policies;
- Pest and livestock disease problems; feed and fodder scarcity; and marketing and trade restrictions.
Since Pakistan is an agrarian country, agricultural growth is essential for achieving food security. Agriculture contributes 19.5 percent to Pakistan’s gross domestic products, employs 42 percent of the labor force,
Over the last decade, Pakistan’s agriculture sector has faced a host of significant challenges. As a result, this sector’s recent output has been below its potential, with low growth of about 3.3 percent over the last decade.
Selection procedure consists of Application process (complete online application form), Test and Interview. Selected candidates will go through training.
Note * It is a governmental department so they get all benefits like pension, medical allowance etc.