Parks Canada student jobs. The Career Outlook for the Technical support and visitor services attendant is good not only in Canada but for international students. The parks Canada department is looking for dynamic, qualified, and hardworking candidates for the post of Technical support and visitor services attendant.
- Technical support for operations
- Visitor services attendant.
- The Candidate must be enrolled in college or university for full time studies.
- Applicant must be 18 years old or above.
Salary is from $15.40 to $22.04 per hour.
The last date to apply is 30-May-2021.
How to apply:
Interested candidates for technical support operations can apply online here:
Interested candidates for visitor services attendant can apply online here:
Parks Canada is a cabinet level department and works under the ministry of environment and climate change. It was established as an independent agency in 1998. It is looking for temporary based technical support and visitor services attendant jobs.
Duties of Visitor services attendant:
The duties of Visitor services attendant are following;
- Providing visitors data;
- Selling confirmations, park passes, retail stock (Cash taking care of);
- All Statistics collections;
- Helping work with outsider events and office rentals;
- Distribution of promotional/limited time materials;
- Cleaning and looking after offices.
Duties of Technical support for operations:
The duties of technical support for operations are following:
- Complete building inspections
- Contract checking and support
- Supporting building supervision and examinations
- Identify issues via doing examinations of non-meddling structures and investigating the Building Code
- Mastering the Microsoft Office Suite
- Effectively plan work guidance
- Use decision making ability
- Team working
- To get by and Taking responsibility
- Experience in maintaining stock supplies and equipment
- Maintenance related experience
- Willing to work in bad weather conditions
- Ability to work independently
- Willing to do job irregular hours
- Willing to wear uniform when needed
Parks Canada is authorized to protect natural and cultural heritage of Canada. It promotes public enjoyment in ways that ensure their ecological integrity.
Parks Canada handles 48 national parks,170 historic sites, and three national marine areas. Park Canada supervises all the Canadian historic places.
House accommodation facilities are not available. All of the traveling expenses must be paid by the candidate.
The selection procedure consists of an online Application process (complete application form), Test, and Interview.
Note * It is a governmental department, so permanent employees will get all benefits like pension, medical allowance, etc.